Book Arts Prize at Home Edition
Let’s celebrate what you’ve been making at home with our Book Arts Prize at Home Edition! At the end of the Term we’ll choose from the images and videos you send of books and prints you’ve made at home and award prizes.
Deadline for Spring Term submissions is Thursday, June 10, 2021 by 11:59pm.
- You must be a current Dartmouth student (undergraduate or graduate)
- The work must have been made between March 29 and June 10, 2021
- The work may have been created as a class project or extracurricular project
Each entry MUST include the following:
- Completed Entry/Contact information:
Submission form for Book Arts Prize AT HOME EDITION (Word Doc)
- Up to 5 images of the artwork submitted: Images must be in JPEG or JPG format, 300 DPI, 1200 pixels or greater on the largest side. Individual files should not exceed 5 MB.
- Short video (< 1 minute) of book as one interacts with it.
The categories for prizes are:
Artist Book—a book with content, structure and method intertwined, ie the book AS art
Bookbinding—a blank book bound with especial attention to craftsmanship and materials
Printing—a letterpress or other analog printed piece printed at home or in the BAW studios
Collaborative Book—a book or zine created by 2 or more people
Zine—(must be in an edition of at least 5) (/ziːn/ ZEEN; short for magazine or fanzine)— a small-circulation self-published work of original or appropriated texts and images, usually reproduced via photocopier—but not necessarily