Who Pays for What?

FO&M Funded

As a general rule, work to maintain or repair systems that are already in place, work performed in a building's common area spaces, or work on campus grounds are paid for from FO&M's budget as funding and budgets permit.

Department Funded

Services, alterations and improvements in department-controlled spaces; optional work; and repairs to portable assets are considered chargeable to the department and funded from their budget. 

School or Auxiliary Funded

Work on buildings and grounds space that are under the purview of the Tuck School of Business, Thayer School of Engineering, Geisel School of Medicine, Residential Operations, the Real Estate Office and the Dartmouth Skiway are funded from their budgets.