Approved Food Provider Guidelines for Food Providers
Provide guidelines for food providers (a business/individual who prepares, transports, delivers food to Dartmouth, and who may or may not also serve that food) seeking business at Dartmouth sponsored events. Insurance and food sanitation compliance is mandatory to obtain and maintain approved status.
Requirements to become an approved food provider:
1. Submit W-9 and Supplier Classification Forms
And Annually submit the following:
2. Certificate of Insurance (COI) naming the “Trustees of Dartmouth College” as additional insured as follows:
a. Events where NO alcohol is served, a minimum of $1,000,000 in general liability
b. Event where alcohol is served, a minimum of $2,000,000 in general liability including liquor liability coverage; and a copy of a current liquor license.
3. NH based caterers - State of NH Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Food Service License renewed annually: https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/dphs/fp/index.htm
4. Out-of-state caterer - A copy of up-to-date food service license OR a copy of up- to-date kitchen facilities from State Health inspection report.
Provide documentation to Procurement Services at:
Attn: Food Provider Documentation
7 Lebanon Street, Suite 313
Hanover, NH 03755
Please Scan and Email (preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax to: (603) 646-3810.
Standards approved food provider while serving product to customers on campus, to maintain approved status:
1. Caterer must staff event with at least one employee with ServeSafe ® Manager certification.
2. Allergen/ingredient identifiers on all foods and beverages available on request.
3. Fire extinguisher at all events where cooking or open flame is taking place.
4. Portable hand washing station or close proximity of a restroom with a hand sink for employees at outdoor events.
5. Proper storage and transportation equipment such as cold boxes/hot boxes with associated temp logs will be used at all times during transportation, delivery and serving of food.
6. Food handler gloves and back up supplies at all events.
Standards for approved food providers while dropping product off to departments or organizations on campus to maintain approved status:
1. Proper storage and transportation equipment such as cold boxes/hot boxes with associated temp logs will be used at all times during transportation and delivery of food and beverages.
Standards for departments or organization picking up food or beverages from college approved food providers:
1. The department or organization is responsible that food & beverage products being transported back to campus or to off campus events is handled in such a way to minimize the chances for a food borne illness.
Dartmouth College reserves the right to audit the performance of any food provider at any event without announcement, to ensure that the required standards are being maintained. Approved Caterer status at Dartmouth College is a privilege which may be withdrawn at its sole discretion.