Charter Bus Services
Our objective with this policy is to balance the need of all College required charter bus service requirements with the need for a more cost effective management system.
Office with Primary Responsibility:
Our objective with this policy is to balance the need of all College required charter
bus service requirements with the need for a more cost effective management system.
This policy establishes guidelines for all charter bus service requirements, with the exception of Varsity Athletic trips specifically covered under a separate Contract Agreement.
These guidelines apply to all Dartmouth departments.
Reason for Policy
- To facilitate best value to the College by providing a competitive marketplace within a "Preferred Vendor" system, with established contract language, established discounted rates, auditing practices, and risk avoidance.
- To outline the process related to the procurement of Charter Bus Services
Scope: Who should know this policy?
- Any department or individual responsible for procuring Charter Bus Services.
- Any individual associated with a Finance Center.
Please refer to the Procure-to-Pay Guide for contact information for Preferred Contracted Vendors.
- Two Estimates Required. Dartmouth departments requiring charter bus services should contact both of Dartmouth's Preferred Vendors in order to obtain estimates.
- It is not a requirement that vendor selection be based on the lowest estimate; we recognize that other factors may be important.
- Quotes include gratuity.
Exclusions / Exceptions
Dartmouth Athletic Department:
Dartmouth Varsity Athletic trips that are specifically covered under a separate Contract Agreement are not part of the policy procedural requirements.
Contacts / Responsibilities