Support for ESL Graduate Students
Judith.Hertog@dartmouth.edu, the Writing Program ESL Specialist, provides free English-language assistance to international graduate students. Hertog offers two services: free private consultation and weekly study meetings.
Students can schedule free private consultations to receive ESL assistance writing projects or presentations, or to improve specific English skills.
- One-time appointments are available, as well as regular weekly, or bi-weekly appointments.
- The ESL specialist can work with faculty to identify the needs of their students and she can provide faculty with periodic progress reports.
The ESL specialist offers informal weekly ESL study meetings that are open to all graduate students. Weekly reading assignments, which serve as a springboard into discussions, are posted on blackboard. Discussion topics:
- Issues pertaining to American academia
- Academic research and writing
- American culture and history
- English literature
- Current events
- English grammar and vocabulary
- Cross-cultural issues
Two alternative meeting times are offered:
- Tuesdays 12:00-1:00 Baker Library 152
- Thursdays 6:00-7:00 PM International Office
Office Hours M - Th 9:00 - 1:00
Copyright © 2004 Dartmouth College