WESS Social Sciences and History Discussion Group Meeting
ALA Annual Meeting--Sunday June 26, 2005
1. Louis Reith stood in for David Duncan and called the
meeting to order.
2. Announcements: There are two announcements.
WESS-SSH Web: Nothing new to report from the
webmaster. Anyone interested in working on a subject page (Political
Sciences, Statistics or Geography) should contact
David J. Duncan.
Former Chair's addition: Call for
Papers: The "Topics in Medieval Librarianship" panel is looking for
presenters. This session which is held at the
International Congress on
Medieval Studies (May 4-7, 2006) focuses on library and book history
topics from across the medieval world (Europe, Middle East and Asia).
Deadline for submissions is September 15, 2005. Any questions or
proposals can be directed to David
3. Election of Vice-Chair: The assembled
members voted to conduct the election of the next vice-chair by email rather
than at the meeting. Look for an email announcement on the WESS-SSH
4. Main Topic: The topic of European vendors was a
spirited success as members shared insights, details and experiences
5. Louis Reith adjourned the meeting when discussion had
This page was created by
David J. Duncan on