Undergraduate Advising and Research
Parker House, HB 6201
03755-3529 Phone: 603.646.3690Fax: 603.646.8190Email: Undergraduate research
Student Information & Registration
- 2015 REGISTRATION IS CLOSED: email undergraduate research with questions
- All students who wish to present a poster must register, including those students who are co-presenting.
- There are a certain number of spots available for electronic poster presentation. Please indicate your willingness to present your poster electronically on the registration form.
- Senior Honors thesis students who wish to participate in the Christopher G. Reed Science Competition should select "senior honors thesis" as their affiliated group on the registration form. These students will be provided with additional information about the competition after the poster registration deadline.
- Any participating student who wishes to compete in the NEW Library Research Award for the Sciences should indicate their interest on the registration form. These students will be provided with more information after the poster registration deadline.
Designing and printing a research poster
Guidelines for designing and printing a research poster
- This includes information about poster design as well as examples and a template for making a poster.
2015 Symposium Overview and Poster Prep Session
- Tuesday, May 12, 6 –7:15 PM in Starr Instructional Center 274 (Mac Lab on second level of Berry Library inside the Jones Media Center. Students who prefer to use a PC should bring a laptop. Note for 2015: Due to construction in the Jones Media Center, please access Starr via Berry Library east side entrances (stairway #3 or elevator #4)
- Presenters: David Izzo, Computing and Media Services, Biomedical Library and Shirley Zhao, Physical Sciences Librarian
- Additional Drop-in hours for poster prep help will be available as follows:
- Monday, May 18, 2–4PM, 311 Dana Library with David
- Tuesday, May 19, 1:30–3:30 PM, 223 Sudikoff with Shirley
- Thursday, May 21, 11:15 AM–1:15 PM, 309 Fairchild (Kresge Library) with Shirley
- Friday, May 22, 1–3PM, 311 Dana Library with David
Symposium day schedule
- Poster set up: 11AM–2:30PM
- Students check in at the first floor registration table for poster location assignment
- Keynote address: 4:30–5:30 PM
- Includes welcoming remarks and announcement of Christopher G. Reed Science Competition winners
- Poster session: 5:30–7PM
- Students stand by their posters and talk with symposium attendees
- Poster removal: 7–8PM
- All students must remove their posters during this time period. There is no provision for poster storage.