Symposium Information & Registration
- Complete the online registration form (poster title must be included).
- REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED AND WILL REOPEN IN SPRING 2014
- There are a certain number of spots available for electronic poster presentation. Please indicate your willingness to present your poster electronically on the registration form.
- Senior Honors thesis students who wish to participate in the Christopher G. Reed Science Competition should select "senior honors thesis" as their affiliated group on the registration form. These students will be provided with additional information about the competition after the poster registration deadline.
Designing and printing a research poster
- Guidelines for designing and printing a research poster
- This includes information about poster design as well as examples and a template for making a poster.
- Poster production tutorial
- Developed by a WISP student in 2000. Examples are based on matte board posters rather than plotter printer posters, but the tutorial provides useful tips on designing an effective poster.
- Poster prep info sessions and drop-in hours for poster preparation assistance: schedule will be posted in spring term.
Symposium day schedule
- Poster set up: 10am – 2pm
- Students check in at the first floor registration table for poster location assignment
- Keynote address: 4-5pm
- Includes welcoming remarks and announcement of Christopher G. Reed Science Competition winners
- Poster session: 5-7pm
- Students stand by their posters and talk with symposium attendees
- Poster removal: 7-8pm
- All students must remove their posters during this time period. There is no provision for poster storage.