Faculty Project Submission Information
Faculty Project Form: Instructions
The Faculty Project Database is now live year-round. Faculty can submit projects at any point. If you are ONLY looking to hire a Presidential Scholar, please make sure to select that option on the project submission form.
Accessing the System:
- Log in to the database using your Dartmouth Net ID and password (if you do not know your Dartmouth Net ID, you may look it up here)
- In the top left corner click the tab called "My Projects." All project review and editing is accessed by clicking the “My Projects” link.
- If you do not have a "My Projects" tab, send a blitz to "undergraduate research" and request to be added to the Undergraduate Research Projects Database. If you would like your office location listed in the system, please include that information in your email request (HB's and phone numbers are pulled directly from the DND).
Adding a New Project:
- Click “New Project Draft”
- Enter project information in the fields provided (please remember your Department, Division, Project Title and Description!!)
- Click “Create” at the bottom of the page
- A DRAFT of your project will appear
(**At this point, the draft of the project is saved, but is “Unpublished.” You may stop editing and exit the system, and the draft will remain for you to re-access and edit again later. See “Editing an Unpublished or Inactive Project.”)
- Click “edit” to continue editing the project information
- Click “Submit for Review” to submit the project. (Once a project is submitted for review, it cannot be accessed or edited until it has been reviewed by the Undergraduate Research Office)
- You will be notified when we have reviewed and either published or returned your project.
Activating and Editing an Inactive Project:
- Click on the "Inactive" link under "Live Status"
- Click "Create Draft" in the top right corner
- Make edits, if needed
- Click "Create" in the top right corner
- Click "Submit for Review" in the "Project Information" section.
Inactivating or Editing an Active Project:
- Click on the “Active” link under “Live Status”
- Click “Make Inactive” to inactivate the project. It will not be viewable online, but it will still be saved and accessible to you in the system.
- Click “Create Draft” to edit the project listing. The previous version of the project will remain viewable until the edited draft has been published. If you do NOT want the previous version viewable while you edit the project, you should first Inactivate the project, then make edits.
- Edit the draft as needed
- Click "Update Project" to view the edited draft
- Click "Submit for Review" to submit the project