UGAR Application Deadlines
- Applicants must be matriculated as undergraduate students at the college (enrollment designated "R" or "L"), be in good standing with the college, and eligible to participate in college-sponsored programs. Non-Dartmouth students (including exchange students) are not eligible for UGAR programs.
- Students who have received funding through a UGAR program must be in good standing in that program (e.g. submitted all required paperwork and final reports) in order to participate in another program or apply for additional research funding.
- Students interested in being research assistants for faculty on faculty projects should be applying for the part-time scholarship/assistantship programs. Research grants are intended for more independent projects in which students are intellectually engaged and playing a key role in the project.
- Funding for UGAR programs is provided by alumni, foundations, external grants, the college, and other sources.
Research Grants: Funding for faculty mentored research
- July 22, 2015 for Fall '15 projects
- October 14, 2015 for Winter '16 projects
- February 3, 2016 for Spring '16 projects
- April 27, 2016 for Summer '16 projects
Sophomore Science Scholarships: Research assistantships in the sciences
Class of 2019 (2016-17 scholarships): May 11, 2016
Junior Research Scholarships: Research assistantships in any academic discipline
Class of 2018 (2016-17 scholarships): May 11, 2016
James O. Freedman Presidential Scholarships: Research assistantships in any academic discipline (eligibility based on GPA)
Class of 2018 (2016-17 scholarships): April 27, 2016
Mellon Mays Fellowships: Funding for students committed to issues of racial diversity who plan to pursue a Ph.D. in select fields in the arts and sciences
Class of 2018: February 15, 2016
Senior Fellowships: Independent student projects during senior year
2016-2017 Fellowships: April 13, 2016