UGAR Application Deadlines
- Applicants must be matriculated as undergraduate students at the college (pursuing a Dartmouth A.B. degree with enrollment designated "R" or "L" in the term(s) of the proposed project).
- Students must be in good standing with the college and eligible to participate in college-sponsored programs. Students who have withdrawn from the college (medical or personal leaves, etc.) are not eligible for funding in the term(s) in which they are withdrawn.
- Undergraduate students who are enrolled at Dartmouth but not pursuing a Dartmouth A.B. (including exchange students and Thayer dual degree students) are not eligible for UGAR programs.
- Students who have received funding through a UGAR program must be in good standing (e.g. submitted all required paperwork and final reports) in order to participate in another program or apply for additional research funding.
- Students interested in being research assistants for faculty on faculty projects should apply for the part-time scholarship/assistantship programs. Leave term research grants are for more independent projects in which students are intellectually engaged and playing a key role in the project.
- Students conducting field research in earth sciences should contact the Earth Sciences department about grants from the John Lindsley Fund.
- Funding for UGAR programs is provided by alumni, foundations, external grants, the college, and other sources.
- Faculty-mentored research in any academic discipline
- Application deadlines: 5th week of the term
- July 20, 2016 for fall '16 research projects
- October 12, 2016 for winter '17 research projects
- February 1, 2017 for spring '17 research projects
- April 26, 2017 for summer '17 research projects
Part-time Research Assistantships
- Faculty-mentored research assistantships
- Application deadlines: one week before the last day of classes
- August 17, 2016 for fall '16 research projects
- November 8, 2016 for winter '17 research projects
- March 1, 2017 for spring '17 research projects
- May 23, 2017 for summer '17 research projects
- Research assistantships in any academic discipline (eligibility based on GPA)
- Application Deadline for Class of 2019 (2017-18 scholarships): April 26, 2017
- Funding for students committed to issues of racial diversity who plan to pursue a Ph.D. in select fields in the arts and sciences
- Application Deadline for Class of 2018: February 15, 2017
- Independent student projects in lieu of a major during senior year
- You must submit the interest form at least one term before the application deadline
- Application Deadline for 2017-2018 Fellowships: April 14, 2017