Assistant for Multi-Faith Programs
Major: Religion Major and Studio Art Minor
Hometown: New York City, NYRead the full interview
"I have been involved with the Congregational UCC Church at Dartmouth since my freshman year. I sometimes miss my church community at home, so it is a wonderful thing to show up on Sunday and be welcomed by another warm and loving community away from home. I have even been "adopted" by a wonderfully caring couple in the church who not only give me someone to sit with during worship, but also a home-cooked meal now and then!" -Hannah Fries ’04
- The Church of Christ at Dartmouth College, which sponsors Alpha Omega, is a congregation of the United Church of Christ.
- Sunday worship is at 10:00a.m. and the sanctuary is always open for prayer and a as quiet place.
- Students are welcome to stop by the Eleazer Wheelock Student Center (643-1311). The entrance to the Student Center is on the driveway side of the church building.
- Students are invited and encouraged to become an active part of this congregation by worshiping with us, singing in our choir, working in our nursery, becoming a church school teacher, etc.
- Our primary activities include welcoming students at Dartmouth College to become involved in the life of the church through a rich variety of church related events.
- Sunday Morning Worship is our most important gathering with students.
- Our Host Family Program matches a student with a family, couple or individual member of the congregation.
- Other events, which students may learn of via email, include:
* Potluck Suppers
* Educational Programs
Senior Pastor: The Rev. Dr. Carla Bailey (643-3150)
Director of Education: Robert Grabill (643-3150)
Last Updated: 2/28/13