Student Director of DPCS
Major: Spanish and Biological Chemistry
Hometown: Long Island, NYRead the full interview
There will be three information sessions held in March and April 2014. All undergraduates (on campus) who submit an application must attend one of the following information sessions:
Wed., March 4th, 2015 6:00-7:00 p.m. Tucker Foundation 105 (South Fairbanks Hall)
Tues., March 31st, 2015 6:00-7:00 p.m. Tucker Foundation 105 (South Fairbanks Hall)
Mon., April 6th, 2015 6:00-7:00 p.m. Tucker Foundation 105 (South Fairbanks Hall)
If you are not on-campus, or are not able to attend one of these events and are interested in applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Returning participants may only apply for an Officer position, and will not be considered for a general participant space.
2. Returning participants only need to fill out the appropriate "Officer Supplemental" application. You do not need to complete the "Participant Application".
3. New CCESP Participants also applying for an Officer position, please complete the appropriate Officer application, in addition to the General Participant Application. If you are not selected for an Officer position you will automatically be included in the general applicant pool. In the participant pool, all students will be judged on the merits of their general application, regardless of whether they applied for an officer position.
4. Please draft all short answer or essay questions in a word processor before cutting and pasting them into this webform.
Program Costs for Participants:
1. $1,000 to help cover CCESP program costs (includes $200 deposit due in May)
2. Travel expenses to and from Managua, Nicaragua (in country travel is arranged and covered by the program)
All CCESP applicants offered a position on the trip as an officer or participant are eligible to apply for scholarships. Applications will be sent out with offers to join the trip. If awarded, scholarships can be up to the entire program fee of $1,000. For additional information please read this letter.
Applications will be reviewed by the Application Committee, which consists of CCESP leadership and Tucker staff. After preliminary readings, the Committee will conduct interviews with selected applicants. Those applicants who are not granted interviews will be informed that their application is no longer moving forward in the process.
Applications Due: Wed. April 8, 2015, at 11:59 p.m.
Participant Interviews: Mon. April 20 through Sat. May 2, 2015 (Confab – Sunday May 3rd)
Final Decisions Announced: Wed. May 6, 2015
Financial Aid apps go out with acceptances (Wed. May 6) – Due by Friday May 8, 12 noon
Awards announced by end of day on Friday May 8
Final Day to Confirm Acceptance: Monday May 11, 2015, at 4:00 p.m.
Applications Due: Fri. March 6, 2015 @ 11:59 pm - (Education Officer Positions still Available! New Deadline is April 8)
Interview Process: Tues. March 31th through Sat. April 4 (Skype interviews optional if not on campus)
Positions announced: Wed. April 8
Financial Aid apps go out with acceptances (Wed. April 8) – Due by Wed April 10, 12 noon
Awards announced by end of day on Wed April 8
Positions Confirmed: Mon. April 13
Last Updated: 3/27/15