Tucker Student Spotlight
Joanna Schneider '13
Student Director forBig Brother, Big Sister
Major: Sociology modified with Psychology; Minor in Chemistry
Other Campus Involvements: DOC; General Manager of Big Green Bus
Fun fact: She got involved in Big Brother, Big Sister in high school, over 7 years ago!
Read the full interview.
Tucker Leaders in Community (TLC)
Welcome to the TLC 2013 Cohort!
Tucker Leaders in Community: An exciting opportunity for first-year students!
TLC: Engage with the Upper Valley community, develop friendships and skills as ethical leaders, and explore contemporary issues of service, social justice, and spirituality.
Welcome TLC 2013 Cohort!
As Leaders, you will:
- Form an understanding of civic responsibility, community engagement, and social justice
- Learn leadership skills that will prepare you for future positions on campus and in various career fields
- Actively engage with and gain a deeper understanding of the Upper Valley
- Connect with classmates, the Tucker Foundation, local nonprofits, and faith or service opportunities
Apply during fall term and participate in TLC during winter and spring terms of your freshman year
- Winter term day-long retreat to build teamwork and leadership skills
- TLC group visits to 2 local nonprofits
- 10 hours of direct service or faith involvement with organization of choice per term - winter and spring terms
- Attendance at 2 Tucker talks per term - winter and spring terms
- 4 dinner discussions to reflect on talks and service or faith engagement per term - winter and spring terms
- Culminating presentation and celebration in the spring term
For more information blitz: TLIC@Dartmouth.edu or stop by the second floor at the Tucker Foundation and ask for Adam or Melissa!