Tucker Student Spotlight
Michael Klein '14
Co-Chair of the Red Cross Club
Majors: Economics & Geography
Hometown: Chappaqua, NY
Read the full interview
Tucker Leaders in Community (TLC)
Meet the new TLC Cohort!
Tucker Leaders in Community: An exciting opportunity for first-year students!
What is TLC all about?! Engage with the Upper Valley community, develop friendships and skills as ethical leaders, and explore contemporary issues of service, social justice, and spirituality.
In TLC you will:
- Expand your understanding of civic responsibility, community engagement, and social justice
- Talk about what has meaning and purpose for us and how this informs and enriches service and our lives
- Learn leadership skills that will prepare you for future positions on campus and in various career fields
- Actively engage with and gain a deeper understanding of the Upper Valley
- Connect with classmates, the Tucker Foundation, local nonprofits, and faith or service opportunities
Apply during fall term and participate in TLC during winter and spring terms of your first year.
Tucker Leaders in Community will require participation in activities over fall, winter and spring terms and may include:
- Welcome/kickoff event in November
- Weekend orientation in early January 2014
- Group activities: visits to local nonprofits, service opportunities, exploring spirituality and faith and how we each find meaning and purpose
- Individual action: 2 Tucker or community talks/ term, 10hr (min.)/term of service, spirituality, social justice challenge
- Dinner Discussions Wednesday evenings winter/spring terms,
- Participate in spring term "Social Justice Forum"
- Spring term final presentation
Meet the new TLC Cohort - Class of 2017!
TLC 2013 Cohort!
For more information blitz: TLIC@Dartmouth.edu or stop by the second floor at the Tucker Foundation and ask for Adam or Molly!