Tucker Student Spotlight
Joanna Schneider '13
Student Director forBig Brother, Big Sister
Major: Sociology modified with Psychology; Minor in Chemistry
Other Campus Involvements: DOC; General Manager of Big Green Bus
Fun fact: She got involved in Big Brother, Big Sister in high school, over 7 years ago!
Read the full interview.
Benefits for Dartmouth Students
What are the benefits of working with Language in Motion?
"I really want to travel to different countries. It made me think more about college because I'll have more chances to do what I want in life and to be successful." –High School student
"I would really love to travel abroad and work with women and children of other cultures. Seeing someone who has done this is really inspiring for me because it tells me no matter what I can make that happen for myself." –High school student
- Help middle and high school students better understand the possibilities of college and the world around them
- Inspire students to go beyond their normal comfort zone and maximize their potential for success
- Critically analyze and reflect upon your intercultural experience with interested members of the Dartmouth and Upper Valley community
- Receive training from and work with on-campus organizations such as the Tucker Foundation, Dickey Center, Rassias Foundation, International Student Programs (OPAL), Off-Campus Programs, and Dartmouth Language Departments
- Minimal time commitment, but high-impact results; you will have the opportunity to truly influence and inspire many students