Tucker Student Spotlight
Janice Yip '15
Student Director for Nicaragua CCESP
Major: Computer Engineering
Hometown: San Jose, CA
Read the full interview
Dartmouth CoderDojo is an innovative service project aimed at introducing local youth to the fun and exciting world of computer programming. Volunteers run multiple weekly sessions - called Dojos - at schools in the area.
Each Dojo has a focus on a topic related to programming / computer science. Previous topics have included into to programming in python, making sketches in Processing, and beginnings in HTML and CSS.
With a relaxed, club-like structure and an emphasis on creating right from the start, kids' skills and self-confidence grow with every Dojo.
- We hope that volunteers have some experience in the areas related to computer science that they want to share
- If you have any questions or concerns about your experience, just ask!
- Term by term commitment
- Weekly commitment is 2.5 hours per Dojo per week, plus planning sessions
- You must not miss more than one Dojo per term
- If eligible, volunteers must become driver approved.
- Transportation to and from schools is through Tucker vehicles
For More Information
- Visit the website at coderdojo.cs.dartmouth.edu
- Blitz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 603-646-3350
- Stop by the Tucker Foundation, South Fairbanks Hall