Tucker Student Spotlight
Katie Bonner '15
Tucker Foundation Office Assistant
Hometown: Nanuet, NY
Read the full interview
Dartmouth CoderDojo is an innovative service project aimed at introducing local youth to the fun and exciting world of computer programming. Volunteers run multiple weekly sessions - called Dojos - at schools in the area.
Each Dojo has a focus on a topic related to programming / computer science. Previous topics have included into to programming in python, making sketches in Processing, and beginnings in HTML and CSS.
With a relaxed, club-like structure and an emphasis on creating right from the start, kids' skills and self-confidence grow with every Dojo.
- We hope that volunteers have some experience in the areas related to computer science that they want to share
- If you have any questions or concerns about your experience, just ask!
- Term by term commitment
- Weekly commitment is 2.5 hours per Dojo per week, plus planning sessions
- You must not miss more than one Dojo per term
- If eligible, volunteers must become driver approved.
- Transportation to and from schools is through Tucker vehicles
For More Information
- Visit the website at coderdojo.cs.dartmouth.edu
- Blitz email@example.com
- Call 603-646-3350
- Stop by the Tucker Foundation, South Fairbanks Hall