Tucker Student Spotlight
Jessica Fedin '17
Hillel Intern, Webmaster
Hometown: Brooklyn, NY
Read the full interview
OLE (Outdoor Leadership Experience)
The OLE program is an outdoor-based program in which kids are taught a variety of outdoor skills including hiking, canoeing, and cross-country skiing by Dartmouth student volunteers. Instruction and interaction between Dartmouth mentors and the children occurs during weekly group meetings.
There are three main goals of the program:
- Provide a safe environment, free from verbal and physical harm, and a safe place for the middle school students to feel free to be themselves. We spend much time working on positive group dynamics.
- Teach skills centered around the outdoors that can provide the kids with exciting activities that they hopefully would want to and can do with their own friends. Our hope is that the kids will be able to take the skills they have learned and feel confident to use them later in life.
- Fun for everyone.
- Mentors attend mandatory training and evaluation meetings.
- 3-4 hours weekly.
- If eligible, mentors are required to become driver approved.
- New mentors are required to become micro bus and van certified.
- Blitz "OLE"
- Call 603-646-3350
- Stop by the Tucker Foundation, South Fairbanks Hall