Summer Enrichment At Dartmouth
Tucker Student Spotlight
Janice Yip '15
Student Director for Nicaragua CCESP
Major: Computer Engineering
Hometown: San Jose, CA
Read the full interview
School and Scholar Application Process
"We all have potential: potential for what is different for every person but we all can be whatever we want to be if we all work hard enough. SEAD shows you how to reach that goal." – SEAD student graduate
**NOTE** SEAD is not an open enrollment program. Only 9th grade students attending SEAD's partner high schools during a selection year are eligible to apply.
School Selection Process
The SEAD Program forms a partnership with up to five different schools for a four-year period. During this time, only students from these schools are eligible for application to the program. If you believe that you know a school that would fit our program well, we invite you to nominate the school during our next recruitment period.
Schools interested in future participation in the SEAD program should contact SEAD@Dartmouth.edu for information.
Student Selection Criteria
- The student must have successfully completed the 9th grade.
- The student must qualify for the federal free or reduced priced lunch in order to be financially eligible for SEAD.
- The student must have demonstrated academic potential (this does not mean that he/she is already having great academic success when they are nominated for SEAD).
- The student must have demonstrated a strong work ethic.
- The student must be willing and able to work well with others.
- The student must show an interest in being part of a mentoring relationship.
- The student must be willing and able to follow the SEAD behavior code.
- The student must demonstrate good communication and listening skills.
- The student must have a parent/guardian who will be supportive of the SEAD program.
If a student does not return to the program after SEAD I for whatever reason, another student, selected by the school and approved by the SEAD board, may join the program beginning in SEAD II. This student must have completed the 10th grade and should be selected using the above criteria.