Related Funded Opportunites
Tucker Student Spotlight
Joanna Schneider '13
Student Director forBig Brother, Big Sister
Major: Sociology modified with Psychology; Minor in Chemistry
Other Campus Involvements: DOC; General Manager of Big Green Bus
Fun fact: She got involved in Big Brother, Big Sister in high school, over 7 years ago!
Read the full interview.
Tucker Fellowships Application
- International Leave-term fellowships (8-10 weeks/40 hrs/week)
- Fellows must work with a non-profit and/or non-governmental Community Service Organization (CSO)
- Fellowships must take place in under-resourced communities and address a direct need of the community.
- 60% of a fellow’s work must be devoted to direct service
- 40% can include research, advocacy, administrative work, etc.
- Fellows must be Dartmouth College undergraduates returning to campus for at least one more term.
- Students often draw from their Tucker Fellowship, including any field research, in preparing their thesis or honors thesis as seniors.
- A student can only receive one Tucker Fellowship
- Blitz “Tucker Fellows” to talk with a program officer as soon as possible, but AT LEAST two weeks prior to submitting the application
- You must ENSURE that recommendations and Supervisor’s Statement of Agreement have been received before 4pm on the date the application is due so check in frequently.
- IF the country is currently on the U.S. State Department Travel Warning List, the student MUST receive a waiver from the Office of the Provost at least one week prior to submitting the application. List available at: [Google Search: Current Travel Warnings] http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis_pa_tw_1168.html for current listings.
- Your application will be reviewed by a committee; a 45 minute interview may be required the week following the application deadline.
Each Applicant Must Submit the Following:
- Typed Application
- One letter of recommendation
- CSO (Community Service Organization) Supervisor’s Statement of Agreement
- (Required if traveling to a country on the Travel Warning list) Travel Waiver signed by the provost of the college
- For Fall 2012: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 4pm
- For Winter 2013: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 4pm
- For Spring 2013: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 4pm
- For Summer 2013: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 at 4pm