Related Funded Opportunities
Tucker Student Spotlight
Student Director of Public Relations
Hometown: Auckland, New Zealand
Read the full interview
Tucker Fellowships Application
- International Leave-term fellowships (8-10 weeks/40 hrs/week)
- Fellows must work with a non-profit and/or non-governmental Community Service Organization (CSO)
- Fellowships must take place in under-resourced communities and address a direct need of the community.
- 60% of a fellow’s work must be devoted to direct service
- 40% can include research, advocacy, administrative work, etc.
- Fellows must be Dartmouth College undergraduates returning to campus for at least one more term.
- Students often draw from their Tucker Fellowship, including any field research, in preparing their thesis or honors thesis as seniors.
- A student can only receive one Tucker Fellowship
- Blitz “Tucker Fellows” to talk with a program officer as soon as possible, but AT LEAST two weeks prior to submitting the application
- You must ENSURE that recommendations and Supervisor’s Statement of Agreement have been received before 4pm on the date the application is due so check in frequently.
- IF the country is currently on the U.S. State Department Travel Warning List, the student MUST receive a waiver from the Office of the Provost at least one week prior to submitting the application. List available at: [Google Search: Current Travel Warnings] http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis_pa_tw_1168.html for current listings.
- Your application will be reviewed by a committee; a 45 minute interview may be required the week following the application deadline.
Each Applicant Must Submit the Following:
- Typed Application
- One letter of recommendation
- CSO (Community Service Organization) Supervisor’s Statement of Agreement
- (Required if traveling to a country on the Travel Warning list) Travel Waiver signed by the provost of the college
For Fall 2014: July 16, 2014
For Winter 2015: October 15, 2014
For Spring 2015: January 28, 2015
For Summer 2015: Wednesday, April 22, 2015