Katie Chung '14
Student Director for Tucker Fellowships
Major: Romance Languages
Hometown: Tehachapi, CA
The Class of 1982 and Tucker Foundation Present the:
The Social Entrepreneur Fellowship will be awarded annually to one Dartmouth undergraduate and will support the establishment of new, ongoing initiatives that expand economic and social opportunities for low-income people in the Upper Valley region on a sustainable basis. Projects should emphasize program entrepreneurship, revenue-generation or cost recovery, or community outreach and engagement. The grant can cover one full-time, leave-term of immersion at the fellowship site and several terms of part-time involvement (three to four terms). Fellows must be in collaboration with a local non-profit organization or school. Ultimately, the fellowship is chance to get a more hands-on educational experience, learn from starting your own program or business, and, most importantly, make a permanent difference for other people!
1. Find an idea that you feel passionate about
2. With that idea in mind set up a meeting with Program Officer, Tracy Dustin-Eichler. Tracy is the fellowship advisor at the Tucker Foundation. This meeting should take place fall term or the first few weeks of winter term. You can email her directly.
2. Decide on a community service organization (CSO) that your project will directly benefit. You should directly contact them to propose your idea and get a sense of feasibility. You should set up a time to get the CSO to sign your contract, which is found on the website. This is an essential part of your application, so do it early on.
3. Fill out the application form and figure out details of your proposed fellowship. The application is found on the website.
4. Your complete application will be reviewed by Tucker Foundation advisors and delegates from the Class of 1982 Social Entrepreneurship Fellowship Advisory Committee. Final round applicants will have one interview with the advisory committee.
Applicants will be informed of decisions via email, with formal letter following, within ten days of the deadline.
Applications and all support materials must be submitted electronically (via email) to Tracy.L.Dustin-Eichler@dartmouth.edu, with signed paper copies in our offices by 5:00 pm on February 14, 2014: Tracy Dustin-Eichler, Tucker Foundation, 6154 S. Fairbanks Hall,Hanover, NH 03755-3568. Telephone: 603-646-3550.
Last Updated: 11/5/13