Related Funded Opportunites
Tucker Student Spotlight
Joanna Schneider '13
Student Director forBig Brother, Big Sister
Major: Sociology modified with Psychology; Minor in Chemistry
Other Campus Involvements: DOC; General Manager of Big Green Bus
Fun fact: She got involved in Big Brother, Big Sister in high school, over 7 years ago!
Read the full interview.
Community-Based Learning & Research Resources
- Consultation with program officers regarding overall course planning, specific community needs and interests, best practices on assignments, grading and course assessment, community-based research
- Community-Based Learning and Research Small Grant Program (up to $1000/term for one course)
- Community-Based Learning sessions at DCAL, including introductory and faculty and staff peer and colleague sessions
- Opportunities to network with colleagues doing similar work at other colleges/in communities
- Dartmouth Center for the Advancement of Learning—At least one educational seminar per term regarding community-based learning and research; extensive library on active and experiential learning; funding for faculty wishing to attend the Problem-Based Learning Conference
- Campus Compact national organization for sample course syllabi by academic discipline and web resources.
- Carnegie Foundation for community-based learning and research definitions and course planning materials
Community-integrated classes engage students (The Dartmouth, 2/17/12)
Article in Dartmouth Alumni Magazine about service learning in Professor Matissa Hollister's "Poverty and Public Policy in the United States" class
Features of a Community-Based Learning Course & related courses
Examples of Dartmouth CBL and research courses
Tucker Foundation Faculty opportunities