Joanna Schneider '13
Student Director forBig Brother, Big Sister
Major: Sociology modified with Psychology; Minor in Chemistry
Other Campus Involvements: DOC; General Manager of Big Green Bus
Fun fact: She got involved in Big Brother, Big Sister in high school, over 7 years ago!
• "Sustainable Design," Engineering—design and brochures for zero net energy Habitat House
• "Women, Gender and Development," Geography—students consult on possible NIH grant with Rwandan refugee women
• 'Qualitative Methods," Geography--interviewing Rwandan refugees
• "Science, Education, and the Science of the Mind—consulting projects at the Montshire Museum and at Sharon Elementary School
• "Telling My Story," Masters of Liberal Arts—facilitating client performance at the Sullivan Correctional Facility
• EPICS Computer Science Senior Seminar—data base and software projects based for the Haven Homeless Shelter, Humane Society, High Horses therapeutic riding program, etc.
• "Architectural Design"--designs a science-teaching middle school jungle gym
• "Public Policy"—fall term class group project led to winter and spring research and organization of a conference for 30 New Hampshire and Vermont shelter directors at Dartmouth
• "Engineering Design"—consults with three-year-old clients, designs, and builds a play structure for the Lyme Nursery School
Last Updated: 8/7/11