Related Funded Opportunities
Tucker Student Spotlight
Michael Klein '14
Co-Chair of the Red Cross Club
Majors: Economics & Geography
Hometown: Chappaqua, NY
Read the full interview
Post-Grad Lewin Fellowship
About the Lewin Fellowship
The purpose of the Fellowship is to support graduates within the year immediately following graduation who have proven leadership in the Dartmouth community and who are pursuing significant acts of citizenship and service to others after graduation.The Olga Gruss Lewin Post-Graduate Fellowshipwas established in 2000 with an endowment from Andrew '81 and Marina Lewin, in honor of Andrew's mother. While at Dartmouth, Lewin earned Phi Beta Kappa, was awarded the Pray Modern Language Prize, majored in French, and wrote for The Dartmouth. He was also distinguished among his peers as a Senior Fellow. Andrew went on to earn a law degree from Columbia. He is now a venture capitalist in New York City.
The Olga Gruss Lewin Fellowship supports a recent Dartmouth graduate committed to completing a full-time, ten-month to one-year project with a non-profit organization. Up to $15,000 in funding is available to cover mainly the fellow's living expenses during the fellowship. The application deadline for 2014 graduates is Saturday, February 15, 2014. Fellows may serve in the United States or abroad.
The Fellows will be selected based on the merit of their proposals and consideration of their acts of citizenship/service while undergraduates. Applications are available online below. To speak with someone about the Lewin Fellowship, please blitz us to set up an advising session. We would love to answer any questions you may have.
Application Instructions (Please be sure to read the application instructions thoroughly prior to applying!)
2014 Application Due February 15, 2014. At least one in-person advising appointment is required. Blitz us to set up an appointment today!
Former Lewin Fellows
Application Guidelines & Contact Info
For more information, please contact either:
Lewin Post Grad Fellowship blitz account or
Program Manager for Fellowships & Internships
Dartmouth College, William Jewett Tucker Foundation
6154 S Fairbanks Hall
Hanover, NH 03755
- The Olga Gruss Lewin Post-Graduate Fellowship is available to graduating seniors.
- Fellowship projects should start within 3 months following graduation from Dartmouth College.
- The fellowship placement should involve at a minimum forty hours of work per week.
- The fellow must be an unpaid volunteer at the non-profit organization.
- The service project must have clearly written goals and outcomes--the service project goals are realistic, measurable and can be reached in the amount of time allotted for the project.
- The service project should involve community service as the primary focus of the post-graduate fellowship and can additionally include aspects of research, public policy development and administrative functions.
- The graduate must demonstrate how the service project will foster significant new learning.
- The service project has proven added value to the organization; the applicant must demonstrate that he/she will be fully engaged in meaningful work for the organization.
- The service project is innovative, timely or unique in its focus. The applicant must demonstrate how he/she can add value to the service project with applied skills and perspectives that are needed by the organization.
- The applicant must express a clear appreciation for diverse points of view and can articulate a contemporary community service philosophy.
- The applicant's prior academic focus, future goals, and personal goals should connect to this intended service project in an intentional way.
- The applicant's communicated goals and values should be congruent with the mission and focus of the Community Service Organization/Non-profit Organization.
- The service project and applicant's motivation should help the applicant gain field experience with an under-resourced community, providing an opportunity that would be hard to acquire without support of this fellowship.
- The awardee agrees to supply a 10-15 page reflection report, engage in a telephone debriefing with a Tucker Foundation staff member and attend a periodic "reunion" of Olga Gruss Lewin fellows at Dartmouth (most expenses paid).