Related Funded Opportunities
Tucker Student Spotlight
Jessica Fedin '17
Hillel Intern, Webmaster
Hometown: Brooklyn, NY
Read the full interview
DPCS Post Graduate Program Positions
The full list of positions will be available here on Tuesday, January 13. Full job descriptions can be found on DartBoard (search "DPCS"). Be sure to submit your materials through DartBoard to apply.
- Foster Care Caseworker: Children's Aid Society, NYC -- Since 1953, The Children's Aid Society (CAS) has provided innovative programs to New York City's most vulnerable youth. The Fellow will carry a caseload and engage families on monthly home visits, as well as attend court hearings and assist families in reaching a variety of services. The caseworker will collaborate with the Administration for Children's Services, and help reach and provide support directly to their assigned families.
- Community Health Services Fellow: Harlem Children's Zone, NYC -- Harlem Children's Zone (HCZ) is a multi-site, multi-program community organization that provides a unique and comprehensive network of education, social and health services, and recreation to more than 21,000 children and adults in Central Harlem. The Fellow will work directly with the Healthy Harlem Core management team to support HCZ's Healthy Harlem program, focused on obesity prevention, treatment and medical monitoring for program youth, their families and the wider Harlem community. The Fellow will work to assess and evaluate healthy eating/active living curriculum, develop and facilitate workshops that encourage healthy behaviors, and engage the community at-large in support of the Healthy Harlem program.
- Paralegal: NYC District Attorney's Office -- The Fellow will assist Assistant District Attorneys in all aspects of investigations, trials and appellate litigation. As a paralegal, the Fellow will compile and analyze case documents for hearings and trials; coordinate case schedules with courts, law enforcement officials, witnesses and defense attorneys. The Fellow also drafts correspondence and legal documents for Assistant District Attorneys; proofreads and cites check; and prepares court calendars. In addition to the above, the Fellow assigned to the Appeals Bureau is responsible for writing at least one Excessive Sentence Brief a term.
- Development and Marketing/Outreach Fellow: Renaissance Youth Center, NYC--Renaissance Youth Center is a South Bronx-based non-profit organization that aims to maximize the potential of at-risk, inner-city youth to become law-abiding citizens with something positive to offer society. The Fellow will work directly under the organization's Executive Directors and will assist in grant writing, researching sources of funding from foundations and corporate donors, fundraising, event planning, writing outreach materials and press releases. The Fellow will also assist in strengthening the organization's online presence and developing partnerships with schools, public officials and other organizations in the community.
- Emergency Department Research Assistant: Children's National Medical Center and PECARN, Washington, D.C.--Located within the Children's National Medical Center and PECARN the Center for Prehospital Pediatrics and Emergency Research (IPPER) serves as an advocate for Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC). The Institute was conceived in order to better meet the unique needs of children. The Fellow will work directly with other team members, and Center leadership to manage the day to day requirements of implementing research studies conducted by the Center and its regional partners. The Fellow will also be responsible for coordinating 2-3 research projects and assisting with recruitment for the research internship program.
- Office Manager: Uncommon Schools, NYC--Uncommon Schools starts and manages outstanding urban charter public schools that close the achievement gap and prepare low-income students to graduate from college. The Fellow will oversee the day to day activities of the school, serve as the main point of contact in the school reception area, manage phones, mail, the collection and maintenance of student, personnel, and school information, school-wide daily systems and school maintenance. The Fellow will also help to plan and manage logistics and preparations for school events and activities as needed.
We anticipate positions being available at the following agencies. Position descriptions and details coming soon!
- Montefiore Medical Center- NYC
- East Harlem School- NYC
- The Government Accountability Project- Washington, DC
- Atlantic Council- Washington, DC
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals- Washington, DC
- Joint Global Change Research Institute- Washington, DC
- Achievement Prep Chart School- Washington, DC (4 Positions)
- Center City Public Charter Schools- Washington, DC
- Kaiser Permanente, Mid-Atlantic Permenente Medical Group- Washington, DC
For any questions about our Fellow positions, please contact DPF@Dartmouth.edu.