Related Funded Opportunites
Tucker Student Spotlight
Joanna Schneider '13
Student Director forBig Brother, Big Sister
Major: Sociology modified with Psychology; Minor in Chemistry
Other Campus Involvements: DOC; General Manager of Big Green Bus
Fun fact: She got involved in Big Brother, Big Sister in high school, over 7 years ago!
Read the full interview.
DPCS Internships Stories and Reflections
Dartmouth Partners in Community Service Interns are required to write a reflection paper as well as create a brief mini-presentation detailing what they accomplished during their internship, describing their experiences, and explaining what they learned or how they were changed. Included in this section are selected examples of these papers and PowerPoint presentations. If you are considering a DPCS Internship, these resources may give you some insight into what you might experience as an intern.
Mini-presentations from summer 2011 interns feature photos, quotes about interns' experiences and an overview of their non-profit work:
The reflection papers below, and others, are also available for your perusal in the DPCS Advising Space on the 2nd floor of Tucker; we invite you to come and read these and meet with a member of the DPCS team to answer your questions! Blitz "DPCS" to find out our walk-in hours and/or to set up an appointment.
- Alexandra Ortego '09, Summer 2008 Intern at Bellevue Hospital in New York, NY
- Diana Jih '09, Summer 2008 Intern at Slow Food Chicago in Chicago, IL
- Katie Carey '09, Summer 2008 Inten at Children's Aid Society in Bronx, NY
- Mark Wilson '09, Summer 2008 Inten at Bensalem Emergency Medical Services in Bensalem, PA
- Sam Tanyos '11, Summer 2008 Inten at IRCO- Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization in Portland, OR
- Tiffany Wang '11, Summer 2008 Inten at St. Anthony's Foundation in San Francisco, CA
- Tyrell Jim '11, Summer 2008 Inten at Defiance Indian Health Services in Navajo, NM
- Kaite Yang '09, Spring 2008 Intern at The Haven in White River Junction, VT
- David Jackson '10, Winter 2008 Intern at Bethesda Project, Philadelphia, PA
- Concetta Lowery '10, Winter 2008 Intern at Indian Education Resource Center, Pembroke NC
- CJ Ryan '08, Winter 2008 Intern at InMotion, New York, NY
- Tara Wohlgemuth '09, Winter 2008 Intern at Memphis Area Legal Services, Memphis TN
- Hannah Rossman '08, Summer 2007 Intern at Dartmouth Organic Farm in Hanover, NH
- Sasha Otero '10, Summer 2007 Intern at Tenderloin Childcare Center in San Francisco, CA
- Lucinda Leung '06, Winter 2005 Intern at the Inpatient Psychiatry Department at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH
- Mats Lemberger '06, Fall 2004 Intern at the Music Maker Relief Foundation, Hillsborough, NC
- Natalie Allan '06, Summer 2003 Intern with Garment Worker Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Samantha Schilling '05, Summer 2005 Intern at New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA