Dear MALS community,
The time has come again to open submissions for the Spring issue of The Journal. Here is a reminder of The Journal's guidelines:
- Open to fiction, non-fiction, interdisciplinary, poetry, and photography
- Work submitted must be fully edited
- Work submitted must be completed during your time in MALS
- Word limit is 5000-6000
Let us reiterate, this should be your best work. There will be many submissions and we look forward to reading all of them. However, please keep in mind that not every piece will be selected.
If you would like to submit an article to The Journal you will need to send the following to The.MALS.Journal@Dartmouth.EDU:
- The article as a .doc or .docx file. We will not accept PDFs.
- Articles must adhere to MLA guidelines
- Articles may be no longer than 5000-6000 words
- We do not accept articles with footnotes, but endnotes are permissible
- To facilitate blind peer review, send the article without your name or class information, and send your author or photographer bio in a separate Word document
- A brief author bio sent as a separate document
- A brief abstract of the article (50-150 words)
- Three to five keywords for the article
We also accept photography submissions. Please send the following to the above email address:
- The photograph as a .jpg, .png, or .bmp file with maximum resolution
- Each photograph must be labeled with the title of the piece
- If no title, please label the photo "untitled"
- A brief author bio
Incomplete submissions or submissions that fail to adhere to these guidelines will not be considered for publication.