Sebastián J. Díaz-Duhalde
|Photo by: Joseph Mehling '69
Assistant Professor of Spanish
Department of Spanish and Portuguese
6072 Dartmouth Hall
Hanover, NH 03755-3511
Office: 305 Dartmouth Hall
2013 Spring Office Hours: office hours by appointment
Telephone: (603) 646-3573
Fax: (603) 646-3695
M.A. (2005) and Ph.D. (2009), University of Michigan, Department of Romance Languages and Literatures: Spanish
- 19th century Latin America.
- Visual culture, literature, and media studies in the 19th century
- Representations of War and state violence in Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina and Chile.
- Critical theory and aesthetics.
- “Camera Bélica. Escritura e Imágenes fotográficas en las cónicas del Coronel Palleja durante la Guerra contra el Paraguay (1864-1870).” In progress.
- “Maldito López: Guerra y Rearticulación Histórica de la Imagen Documental en Cándido López: Los campos de Batalla (2005).” In progress.
- “Parallel Visions. War as Spectacle in Paraguayan Illustrated Newspapers during the War against Paraguay (1864-1870).” Accepted for the critical volume Seeing Red: Urban and Political Violence in Latin and Latino American Sports, Popular Culture, Art and Literature.
- Book manuscript on iconology and iconography during the War against Paraguay and the Wars of Independence in Latin America.