Professor of Spanish
Department of Spanish and Portuguese
6072 Dartmouth Hall
Hanover, NH 03755-3511
Office: 116 Silsby Hall
2013 Fall Office Hours: 9:00-10:30 a.m., or by appointment
Telephone: (603) 646-6549
Fax: (603) 646-3695
Ph.D. (Comparative Literature), University of Iowa
B.A. (Comparative Literature and Spanish), University of Georgia
- 20th-21st Century Latin American Prose and Film
- Literary/Critical Theory
- Mexican Cultural Criticism
- Gender Studies
- Mexico's Modern Dreams: Elena Garro and the Anxiety of Desire: (Book manuscript).
- City/Art: The Urban Scene in Latin America, editor. (Duke University Press, 2009).
- Murder and Masculinity: Violent Fictions of 20th Century Latin America (Vanderbilt University Press, 2000).
- Articles on globalization, urbanization, modernization, Mexico City, Mexican authors, and feminism in books and in journals such as: Latin American Literary Review, Discourse, Feminist Studies, and Revista de estudios hispánicos.
- Globalization in 21st Century Film: Thinking Through Trilogy (Book manuscript)
- The Geopolitics of Form: 21st Century film trilogies in the Americas.
- SPAN 80: Senior Seminar: "Los Modernismos Latinoamericanos"
- SPAN 80: Narco-narrativas
- SPAN 65: Cien años de soledad
- SPAN 43: Boom: The 20th Century Spanish American Novel
- COLT 10: Introduction to Comparative Literature: Hollywood Adaptations of Latin American Novels
- COLT 42: Cultures of Surveillance
- LALACS 30: Latin American Mega-Cities
- WGST 7: First Year Seminar: "Latin American Masculinities"