Assistant Professor of Sociology
University of Washington, PhD, 2009
University of Washington, MA Sociology 2005
The Evergreen State College, BS Biology 1997
Courses to be taught
- Walton, Emily. 2012. "Resurgent Ethnicity among Asian Americans: Ethnic Neighborhood Context and Health." Journal of Health and Social Behavior. 53: 378-394.
- Leu, Janxin, Emily Walton, and David T. Takeuchi. 2011. "Contextualizing Acculturation: Gender, Family, and Community Reception Influences on Asian Immigrant Mental Health." American Journal of Community Psychology. 48: 168-180.
- Walton, Emily, and David T. Takeuchi. 2010. "Family Structure, Family Processes and Well-Being among Asian Americans: Considering Gender and Nativity" Journal of Family Issues 31:301-332.
- Gavin, Amelia R., Emily Walton, David H. Chae, Margarita Alegría, James S. Jackson, and David Takeuchi. 2010. "The Association between Socioeconomic Status and Major Depressive Disorder among Blacks, Latinos, Asians, and Non-Hispanic Whites: Findings from the Collaborative Psychiatric Epidemiology Studies." Psychological Medicine 40:51-61.
- Walton, Emily. 2009. "Residential Segregation and Birth Weight among Racial and Ethnic Minorities in the United States." Journal of Health and Social Behavior 50:427-442.
- Snedker, Karen A., Jerald R. Herting, and Emily Walton. 2009. "Contextual Effects and Adolescent Substance Use: Exploring the Role of Neighborhoods." Social Science Quarterly 90:1272-1297.
- Walton, Emily, David T. Takeuchi, Jerald R. Herting, and Margarita Alegría. 2009. "Does Place of Education Matter? Contextualizing the Education and Health Status Association: Evidence from a National Study of Asian Americans." Biodemography and Social Biology 55:30-51.
- Leu, Janxin, Irene H. Yen, Stuart A. Gansky, Emily Walton, Nancy Adler, and David T. Takeuchi. 2008. "The Association between Subjective Social Status and Mental Health among Asian Immigrants: Investigating the Influence of Age at Immigration." Social Science & Medicine 66:1152-1164.
- Erosheva, Elena, Emily C. Walton, and David T. Takeuchi. 2007. "Self-Rated Health among Foreign- and U.S.-Born Asian Americans: A Test of Comparability." Medical Care 45:80-87.
- Takeuchi, David, Nolan Zane, Seunghye Hong, David H. Chae, Fong Gong, Gilbert C. Gee, Emily Walton, Stanley Sue, and Margarita Alegría. 2007. "Immigration-Related Factors and Mental Disorders among Asian Americans." American Journal of Public Health 97:84-90.