Skip to main content

Students Requesting Leave Term Federal Work-Study (LTWS)

Many students are interested in working for an on campus employer or at one of the participating local community service agencies during a leave term. There are many opportunities to gain valuable experience while utilizing leave term FWS eligibility. However, there are financial implications, which should be considered before making a final decision. The maximum possible award for LTWS for the 2013-2014 academic year is $5,143. Please take some time to project your expenses in order to determine whether the maximum award of will meet your needs.

If you have questions about the feasibility of your financial plan, please take the time to discuss your budget, total earning possibilities, and any borrowing opportunities with a financial aid officer

To Apply:

Leave term Federal Work-Study, like all financial aid at Dartmouth, is awarded based on need. It can only be considered for students who will be enrolled in classes the term immediately following the term for which the student is requesting LTWS.

To apply, students should email Financial Aid with the following details:

  1. The term for which you are requesting the Leave Term Work-Study (e.g. "I'm requesting Leave Term Work-Study for the 2013 Fall Term. I will be enrolled in classes during the 2014 Winter Term.")
  2. Proposed department or office by which you hope to be employed (e.g. "I'm planning to work at..." ... DHMC Community & Family Medicine, Vital Communities, Academic Skills Center)

Each request for LTWS is carefully reviewed by Financial Aid for eligibility. Students with less demonstrated need may be awarded an amount below the maximum by the Financial Aid Office


Last Updated: 5/23/13