Student Employee Recognition Week: April 7-13, 2013
Celebrate the contributions of our student employees!
On Tuesday, April 9th, Dartmouth College will honor the hard work of each and every student employee during the Student Employee Appreciation Festival, which will be from 3:30 - 5pm in Paganucci Lounge.
The first 300 student employees to arrive will receive a free set of in-ear earbuds. All attending student employees are eligible for great raffle prizes, including the grand prize of an iPad.
The event is sponsored by the Student Employment Office and Dartmouth Dining Services.
All student employees are invited to attend!
Is your department looking for ideas to celebrate? Here are a few:
- Hold your own awards ceremony and design awards for unique categories (i.e., Best Attendance, Best Customer Service, Most Organized, etc.).
- Send a personalized thank you note or an e-card stating your appreciation. (www.bluemountain.com and www.americangreetings.com are some of the best places to find free e-cards.)
- Decorate office doors or bulletin boards with posters expressing appreciation to your student workers and listing all their names.
- Take your student employees out to lunch or have a pizza party.
- Bring in a dessert for your student employees.
- Award or raffle off small tokens of appreciation, such as movie tickets or gift cards (bookstores, coffee shops, gas cards if they have a car, etc.).
- Get your student employee a Dartmouth T-Shirt or Sweatshirt.
- Have balloons or flowers at the student worker's desk one day.
- Create a large thank you card and have your staff sign it.
- Prepare "care packages" made up of crackers, cookies, trail mix, or candy.