Department of Safety and Security
5 Rope Ferry Road
Hanover, NH 03755
Phone: (603) 646-4000
Serving 24 hours a day, every day!
If you receive a bomb threat, remain calm and:
1) Obtain as much information as possible:
- Write down the number from where the call is coming
- Write down the exact time of the call
- Write down as accurately as possible the statements made
- Listen to the voice to determine the sex, age, accents, lisps, tone, etc. (Note any distinguishing feature)
- Listen for background noises
- Try to signal a for someone else to also listen on the telephone line, if possible
- Do not hang up and stay on the line a long as possible; wait for the caller to hang up
2) Keep the bomb threat caller talking, and ask as many questions of the caller as you can:
- When will the bomb go off? How much time remains?
- Where is the bomb located?
- What does it look like?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- How do you know about this bomb?
- Why was it placed here?
- Who are you?
- What is your name?
3) Call 911 immediately and then
the Department of Safety and Security at 603-646-333 (6-3333 from Campus phones)
4) Complete a Bomb Threat Checklist form and have it ready, along with your notes from the call, for responding Officers. It is recommended to have a Bomb Threat Checklist form handy, and follow it while receiving the threat