Charles H. Woodbury Memorial Law Prize
The Charles H. Woodbury (1879) Memorial Fund was established through a gift from Mrs. Frances E. Woodbury. Each year the fund will award "two students of the Senior Class who are intending to make law a profession and who have shown by previous college work special attainment and fitness for the study of law."
Recipients of this award will be selected by the faculty Committee on Graduate Fellowships at Dartmouth and will be notified by email. The stipend will be paid in one installment upon matriculation in your law school program.
Any graduating senior at Dartmouth College who is intending to attend law school in the fall of 2016.
NEW: Application System on Canvas (includes all application materials and instructions)
- Current students: click HERE to enroll in the Dartmouth Postgraduate Scholarship Canvas site. You will receive an email from Canvas. Click the link in the email to confirm your enrollment.
- Alumni: email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access. Include your full name (including middle name/initial), graduation year, Dartmouth net ID (if known), and current email address.
- Note: Once you are enrolled in the Canvas site, you will not be able to un-enroll on your own. Applicants will be unenrolled from the site in the summer.
A complete application file contains the following:
- Application Form (Completed online)
- Complete the Nomination Permission Form and Waiver
- Project or Study Proposal (max. 1000 words) NOTE: if applicant is applying to the Brooks Fellowship at the same time, separate proposals are required for each grant.
- Transcript: Current Undergraduates should order an unofficial transcript through Banner Student. Alumni should order an official e-Transcript through the Registrar's homepage.
- Transcripts (other institutions): Please request official copies of any other non-Dartmouth transcripts.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Both letters should be from Dartmouth instructors who know your work well. You must send your recommenders a request form via the Canvas site.
Application deadline: April 1, 2016
Letters of Recommendation
Both letters of recommendation must be from faculty members that assess the nominee's intellectual curiosity, character, and potential for advanced graduate study or independent research. Letters should be sent by email to Scholarship Advising.
For more information on recommendation letters, click here.
Final Application Submission
The application form should be submitted online. Application Deadline: April 1, 2016.
Woodbury Application Schedule
April 1, 2016