DAAD Study Scholarship for Graduating Seniors
Study Scholarships are awarded to highly qualified graduate students of all disciplines to provide the opportunity to study in Germany or complete a postgraduate or Master's degree course and obtain a degree at a German university or institution.
Applicants are expected to have a well-defined study or research project that makes a stay in Germany essential. Preference will be given to applicants who have either been admitted to a German host institution for the desired degree course or can prove that they have established contact with a host institution. Applicants in the arts, humanities and social sciences should have a very good command of German.
Graduate study scholarships are granted for one academic year (10 months) with the possibility of a one-year extension for students in Master's degree programs to complete a full degree course in Germany.
- Applicants in all academic fields are welcome to apply. For study in the fields of dentistry, medicine, pharmacy, or veterinary medicine, contact DAAD for special guidelines.
- Graduating seniors applying for this program must be enrolled full-time at an accredited university at the time of application.
- Applicants should be US or Canadian citizens. Foreign nationals must have studied at an accredited US or Canadian university for at least two years. All foreign nationals must contact DAAD New York before applying to determine their eligibility status.
- Applicants are requested to have a well-defined study project that makes a stay in Germany essential. Preference will be given to applicants who have been invited by a faculty member at a German university to study at a particular university department.
- Applicants in the arts, humanities and social sciences should have a good command of German.
- Applicants may not hold a DAAD grant and a grant from another German or German-American organization/German-Canadian organization concurrently for the same project. Prior recipients of a DAAD grant should contact DAAD New York before applying to determine their eligibility status.
- Applicants must be younger than 32 at the start of the grant period.
DAAD applicants must be nominated by the Dartmouth College Committee on Graduate Fellowships. Any student wishing to be nominated should download the Study Scholarship Application (for graduating seniors) from the DAAD website and submit the following to the Scholarship Advising office by the campus deadline of October 1, 2013:
- Scholarship Registration Web Form (Submit by email PRIOR to the campus deadline)
This form provides Scholarship Advising with the necessary information to open an application file and communicate with you about the application process and important deadlines and considerations.
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Study Proposal
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Evidence of Contact with German Institution
- DAAD Language Evaluation Form
- Official Transcript - Current Undergraduates should order an official e-transcript through the Registrar's homepage once your fall term classes are finalized. Transcripts should be sent directly to email@example.com
- Official Transcripts from other institutions
The Committee on Graduate Fellowships will read your application materials and decide on nominations. You will be informed of your status via e-mail.
Letters of Recommendation
The 2 Letters of Recommendation should be sent to Scholarship Advising, Hinman Box 6201, Hanover, NH 03755 or HB 6201.
For more information on recommendation letters, click here.
Final Application Submission
The Scholarship Advising office will submit your final application with all materials by the DAAD deadline of November 1, 2013 for study in the fields of art or music, or by November 15, 2013 for study in all other fields.
DAAD Study Scholarship Application Schedule
October 1, 2013
Campus Deadline for Application Materials
November 1 or 15, 2013
DAAD Study Scholarship Application Deadline (depending on field of study)
DAAD Scholars Announced
Email Scholarship Advising
DAAD Study Scholarship website
Frequently Asked Questions