An essential array of student services and conveniences makes the Collis Center the crossroads of campus life at Dartmouth. The constant stream of students, faculty and staff, community members and visitors alike through the many facilities of Collis creates a lively mix of activity which fosters a broad definition of community. The many building features include:
On the Main Floor:
- Collis Café - featuring homemade breads, soups and deserts as well as wonderful stir-fries, omelettes and pasta dishes
- Information Desk and Box Office - general campus and area information, ticket sales for student organization events, fax machine and the Collis lost and found
- TV Lounge - 3 High Def TVs with DirecTV (including NFL, NHL, MLB and Soccer sports packages). Currently under construction as part of the Collis Center renovation.
- GreenPrint - 2 printing stations on the main floor (single and double-sided) for Dartmouth student use.
- Lobby Table - may be reserved by student organizations for fundraising or for raising awareness
- Fax Machine - at the Information Desk free of charge
On the Lower Level:
- FUEL Dance and "Club" space - fully equipped dj-ready nightclub with lighted parquet floor, intelligent lighting, soft leather furniture, and a granite-topped bar. May be reserved for open and private parties. To reserve please use the Collis Reservations Webviewer. FUEL is currently under construction as part of the Collis Center renovation.
- Collis Market (formerly Topside Convenience Store)
- One Wheelock - located on the lower level
- Vending machines -for quick snacks or beverages
On the Upper Levels:
- Office of Pluralism and Leadership (Suite 211)
- GLOS - Greek Letter Organizations and Societies (Rooms 213 and 217)
- Academic Skills Center and Student Accessibility Services (Suite 301)
- Collis Center for Student Involvement (Suite 303)
Please click here for information regarding renovations and new office locations.
Throughout the building:
- Study and lounging space, perches, nooks and comfortable areas
- Meeting rooms large and small - there are over a dozen meeting rooms (some of which are equipped with data projection or TVs with VHS/DVD players)
- Email Stations - available in the TV Lounge, on the north and south second floor balconies and Collis 303
Meeting and Event Space
Each room has a standard set-up except Common Ground, which has a variety of standard set-ups to choose from. Users may make requests for special set-ups in their reservation requests (please use the Collis Reservations Webviewer). More complicated set-up requests should be discussed with the Assistant Director of the Collis Center for Student Involvement, Timothy Duggan, who will determine whether they are possible with Collis Staff and resources or if they should be referred to Conferences and Special Events, Classroom Technology Services, or an outside vendor.
The following spaces may be reserved through the Collis Reservations Webviewer:
Maximum capacity limits are listed for each reservable space and will be strictly adhered to as they are set based on safety standards, fire codes, and accessibility.
- Common Ground - 300 standing (with nothing else in room), 200 chairs auditorium style (with minimal setup in room), 144 banquet style (with minimal setup in room). If there is a stage, buffet tables, AV or other setups in room, capacities will be reduced.
- 101 Collis - 44 seated
- 209 Collis - 10 seated
- 212 Collis - 20 seated
- 218 Collis - 14 seated
- 219 Collis - 12 seated
- 221 Collis - 10 seated
- 222 Collis - 5 seated (lounge-style)
- 223 Collis - 6 seated
- 303 Collis (call 646-0910 for reservations)
- Collis Cafe - 120 seated
- Collis Patio
- Gellar Plaza (between Robinson and Collis)
- One Wheelock (call 646-0910 for reservations)
- FUEL - 84 standing
- TV Lounge - 75 standing
- Robinson 14 & 15 - 30 seated when both rooms are used
- Robinson 106 - 12 seated
- Tom Dent Cabin - 49 standing
- Sarner Underground - 330 standing (with stage and no furniture), 200 theater-style, 140 banquet-style
- Sarner Underground West - 120 standing, 100 theater-style, 63 banquet-style
- Sarner Underground East - 120 standing, 100 theater-style, 56 banquet-style
- Paganucci Lounge - 80 standing, 60 theater-style, 50 banquet-style