How to Prepare for a Session
Preparing appropriately for a meeting with an RWIT tutor is key to getting the most out of your session. To avoid complications, make sure you have permission from your professor to seek RWIT's help.
What to Bring
- A clear idea of what you want to accomplish.
- For papers, a hard copy of your draft or outline (if you've gotten this far).
- For multimedia projects, a way to display your work at the RWIT center (if you've gotten this far).
- A copy of the prompt or assignment.
- Yourself. You may not send a proxy or substitute to the meeting.
Tips for a Successful Session
- Be on time, even if you don't anticipate needing the full hour.
- Have an idea of your professor's expectations.
- Prepare to be involved. Writing isn't a passive process and neither is an RWIT session. You are the author; without your ideas and your input, there is little a tutor can do.