Assistant Professor of Russian, Department of Russian Language & Literature
211 Reed Hall
Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley, Slavic Languages and Literatures; M.A. Donetsk State University, Ukraine; M.A. University of California at Berkeley
- Slavic Folklore: Vampires, Witches, and Firebirds (Russian 13)
- Russian Literature of the Golden Age in Translation (Russian 31)
- Beginning Russian
- Nineteenth-Century Russian Literature
- Realism and the Rise of the Russian Novel
- Russian and European Novel
- Russian Drama
- Narrative Theory
- Folk Narrative: Myth, Fairy Tale, Fable
- Russian Heritage Speakers
Selected Publications and Conferences
- Online learning activities for V Puti, O. Kagan, F. Miller and G. Kudyma, (2006) http://www.russian.ucla.edu/vputi/
- "On the Metahistorical Roots of the Fairytale," Western Folklore, 61 (Fall 2002) 277-294.
- "Proizvedenie morali: analiz basni" (Production of Morality: Analysis of the Fable), Voprosy literatury, 2 (1998) 97-120.
- "Chudo kak sobytie v slove" (Miracle as a Narrative Event), Voprosy literatury, 1 (1997) 103-116.