Mellon Postdoctoral Fellow
Department of Russian and The Leslie Center for the Humanities
Ph.D. University of Pittsburgh, Russian Literature; M.A. University of Pittsburgh, Russian Literature;
B.A. University of Rochester, Russian
Courses Taught (Dartmouth):
- Introduction to Russian Civilization (Winter 2014)
- Narrating the City: Soviet Urban Culture and the 20th Century (Spring 2014)
Courses Taught (University of Pittsburgh):
- 20th Century Masterpieces of Russian Literature
- History of Russian Film
- Sci-Fi: East and West
- Elementary Russian I and II
- Intermediate Russian II
- "Queuetopia: Second-World Modernity and the Soviet Culture of Allocation." Dissertation, University of Pittsburgh, 2013. http://d-scholarship.pitt.edu/18446/.
- "Trofeinost' and the Phantasmagoria of Everyday Consumption in Late Soviet Culture." Studies in Slavic Cultures 11 (2013): 24-49.
- "Performing 'Soviet' Film Classics: Tajik Jimmy and the Aural Remnants of Indian Cinema." Studies in
- Russian and Soviet Cinema 7.2 (2013): 227-242.
- Film Review: "Pavel Kostomarov and Aleksandr Rastorguev: I Don't Love You." KinoKultura 37 (2013): http://www.kinokultura.com/2013/39r-neliubliu.shtml.
- Film Review: "Pavel Kostomarov and Aleksandr Rastorguev: I Love You." KinoKultura 32 (2011): http://www.kinokultura.com/2011/34r-liubliutebia.shtml.
- Film Review: "Vadim Sokolovskii: The Book of Masters." KinoKultura 28 (2010): http://www.kinokultura.com/2010/28r-knigamasterov.shtml.
- Film Review: "Valerii Todorovskii: Vice." KinoKultura 22 (2008): http://www.kinokultura.com/2008/22r-tiski.shtml.
- Film Review: "Safarbek Soliev: Calendar of Expectations." KinoKultura 17 (2007): http://www.kinokultura.com/2007/17r-kalendar.shtml.
- Contemporary Russian and Soviet film
- Urban culture, crowd studies, and theories of queuing
- Narratives of everyday life
- Russian and Soviet satire
- Kitsch and camp in popular culture
- New media