Skip to main content
Home >  Insurance

Property Insurance

The College's property insurance policy covers College property losses resulting from fire, damage caused by flooding or earthquake and other lesser perils. The "All-Risk" blanket policy carries a large deductible. In self-funding this deductible amount, the College maintains a property insurance reserve, managed by the Office of Risk and Internal Controls Services, which can be drawn upon for major repairs and replacements when needed to continue programs.

If any department has College property stored or maintained at a non-College-owned location, an inventory listing should be provided for separate insurance coverage, as appropriate.

Any property damage loss should be reported to the Office of Risk and Internal Controls Services as soon as possible. $1,000 of the replacement costs for a loss, within the College's deductible, will be charged to the specific department and the balance covered through the property loss reserve account.

Please contact the Office of Risk and Internal Controls Services for questions at (603) 646-3839.

Personal Property Exclusion

It is important to understand that the College's fire, crime, equipment floater and data processing insurance policies protect only College-owned property. The personal property of students, faculty and staff in College buildings is not covered under the College insurance programs. It is strongly recommended that individuals who have their own personal property (including art, rugs, books, computers, etc) in their offices, studios, labs, dorm rooms, etc., purchase their own insurance to cover these items, or assume the risks which are inherent. Homeowner's or renter's insurance may provide the necessary protection, but any coverage should be verified from the individual's insurance provider.

Leased Property/Equipment

Anyone negotiating contracts to rent or lease property or equipment on behalf of the College should be mindful that insurance coverages often required by the lessor may NOT be a part of the College insurance program. If the terms of a lease/rental contract require insurance coverage, The Office of Risk and Internal Controls Services should be consulted BEFORE finalizing the agreement.

Last Updated: 3/20/09