Religion Major Requirements
How to Declare your Religion Major:
- Request a meeting with a prospective major advisor (see Religion faculty webpage). Be prepared to discuss your academic interests, specific courses that you would like to take, and any questions you may have regarding the major. (Note: Exemptions, special permissions, and proposals need to be addressed by the Department Chair, Professor Randall Balmer)
- Review the requirements of the major (see Registrar's ORC website link), and fill in your major cards (3 copies) with your proposed course of study.
- Request a meeting with the Department Chair, Professor Randall Balmer, to review, approve, and sign your major cards. Bring 3 copies of the major card.
- Once signed, deliver the Major Card copies:
- One to the Department Administrator (Thornton Rm 201).
- One to the Registrar's Office.
- One for your own records.
Watch for occasional email announcements (events of interest, Major degree requirements, Commencement, etc) from the Religion Department.
Commencement 2003, L to R: Professor Susan Ackerman, Professor Ron Green, Professor Kevin Reinhart, Professor Susannah Heschel