Office of the Registrar
Office of the Registrar
6014 McNutt Hall
Hanover, NH 03755-3541
Phone: (603) 646-2246
Fax: (603) 646-2247
Course Assessment Q&A
How do I get to the assessment form?
- To access the assessment form, go to the following address: http://www.dartmouth.edu/bannerstudent. Login to Banner Web. From the Student Main Menu, select Course Assessment. Course Assessment is only available on certain dates during the term. Click here to see a schedule of when course assessment is available.
What should I do if a course I am not taking appears on my course assessment form?
- If you click on ‘Course Assessment’ on the Banner Student main menu for your school you will see a list of courses for which you are registered. If a course appears in the list and you discover that you are not enrolled in that course, contact the Registrar’s office for your school immediately.
Do all courses require a course assessment using this system?
- Some courses are not eligible for course assessment using this system. These courses will appear in your list of registered courses and in the status column it will indicate “No Assessment Required.” They include off-campus study, physical education, individualized study, honors, research, senior fellowship, and thesis courses.
I am a graduate student. Do I participate?
- Yes, if you are enrolled in an Arts and Sciences course that is eligible for course assessment.
I was on an LSA or FSP; do I assess my courses using this system?
- No. The Off-Campus Programs office requires that you complete a separate assessment of your LSA or FSP experience so you do not use this system to assess your courses. Your off-campus program courses will appear on the course assessment list with a status of "No assessment required."
Is it possible to assess the same course more than once?
- No, a course can be assessed one time only.
May I change my mind about an assessment?
- No, once you have submitted a course assessment it is impossible to retrieve due to the anonymity of the process.
How do I know if my course assessment was successfully submitted?
- When an assessment has been successfully submitted, you will notice that the option to submit an assessment on your course list will have been removed. This tells you that the assessment has been successfully submitted.
What if my computer crashed before I submit my assessment?
- As long as you have not pressed “Submit” then your assessment has not been sent. In the event of a system crash, however, you will have lost the responses that you had already begun prior to the crash.
Can I complete course assessments from off-campus?
- Yes. Since this is an online assessment, it can be completed from any computer where you have a connection to Banner Web for Student.
Do I have to answer all the questions on the assessment form?
- No, you may answer only the questions you choose to answer. However, you must answer at least one question after section one to have successfully complete the assessment.
What if I don’t want to assess a course?
- You are not required to assess a course. However, if you do not use the course assessment tool, you will need to wait until the after current term, when reports are available (see schedule) to view your grades in Banner.
What information is shared from the course assessment results?
How is course assessment related to viewing my grades?
- Faculty can view aggregated results for classes with more than five students. Faculty can only view the aggregated results after the deadline that final grades are due. Faculty may also view the responses to the three student-initiated questions. Your feedback is kept anonymous.
- You will be able to view your grades after submitting all course assessments provided that the grades have been submitted on Banner by the professor and the date to view grades has been reached.
- If you choose not to submit an course assessment, you will need to wait until they are made available to view your grades in Banner (see schedule).