Office of the Registrar
Office of the Registrar
6014 McNutt Hall
Hanover, NH 03755-3541
Phone: (603) 646-2246
Fax: (603) 646-2247
Spring 2016 Term Calendar
To view a 2016 yearly calendar for reference purposes, see below or click here.
- March 27-30 Spring term on-line check-in.
- March 28 Spring term classes begin
- March 28-April 3 First week of schedule adjustment. Permission to add is not necessary unless normally required
- March 30 Deadline to complete check-in without a $50 late registration fee - check-in must be completed by 11:59 p.m.
- April 1 Deadline for spring term prospective graduates in residence to elect or change to another major or minor
- April 4 Deadline for return of degree applications by prospective June graduates who were not in residence during the winter term
- April 4 Deadline to file completed transfer term applications for summer term 2016 and fall term 2016
- April 4-10 Second week of schedule adjustment. All courses require Instructor permission in order to add courses
- April 5 Final day for delayed check-in (with $50 late fee). Any student not checked in by 4 p.m. this day, but still listed with the enrollment pattern letter R (residence) for the fall term is liable for administrative withdrawal.
- April 6 Final day for sophomores to declare majors and, if appropriate, revise enrollment patterns.
- April 10 Final day for each undergraduate to establish official and final two-, three-, or four-course load. Any registered student not officially enrolled in at least two courses becomes liable for administrative withdrawal.
- April 11 Final day for electing use of the Non-Recording Option (NRO)
- April 12 Enrollment Census
- April 14 Final day for first-year students to submit enrollment patterns
- April 22 Course Timetable available for summer term
- April 27-May 5 Summer term course election period
- May 2 Final day for students to change their enrollment pattern for summer and/or fall term from an R (for Residence) without incurring a charge of one hundred ($100) dollars and to be eligible for on-time college housing assignment
- May 2 Mid-term grade reports due for specified undergraduates
- May 2-12 Room draw for fall term housing
- May 5 Final day of summer term course election period
- May 6 Course Timetable available for fall term
- May 6 Final day for dropping a fourth course without a grade notation of "W." (Acknowledgment of instructor required. If dropping a fourth course after this date, one of four eligibilities for a fourth course without extra tuition is exhausted by such action. )
- May 11-19 Fall term course election period
- May 13-May 31 Summer term course change period
- May 13 Summer term housing applications due
- May 17 Final day to withdraw from a course; any later request to withdraw from a course requires petition to a special committee. One of four eligibilities for a fourth course without extra tuition is exhausted by such action after May 6.
- May 19 Final day of fall term course election period
- May 20 Interim housing applications due for the break between spring and summer 2016
- May 24 Final day to alter grade limit filed under the Non-Recording Option (NRO)
- May 24 Last day in term for holding a major test or examination
- May 27-May 31 Fall term course change period
- May 30 Memorial Day Holiday; first day of Pre-Examination Break (no classes held)
- May 31 Spring term classes end
- May 31 Final day, prior to the start of summer term classes, for making changes in summer and fall term course elections
- June 1 Second day of Pre-Examination Break
- June 2 Final examination period begins
- June 5 Scheduled Final examinations end
- June 6 Final examination period ends
- June 11 Class Day
- June 12 Commencement
- June 17 Grades and medians available on the web
Click calendar to enlarge
The information contained herein is accurate as of the date of publication and the officers of the College know of no significant changes to be made in the near future. However, Dartmouth College reserves the right to make such changes as the Trustees, faculty, and officers consider appropriate and in the best interests of the Dartmouth community.