Office of the Registrar
Office of the Registrar
6014 McNutt Hall
Hanover, NH 03755-3541
Phone: (603) 646-2246
Fax: (603) 646-2247
Fall 2015 Term Calendar
To view a 2015 yearly calendar for reference purposes, see below or click here.
- September 15-18 Fall term on-line check-in.
- September 16 Fall term classes begin
- September 16-22 First week of schedule adjustment. Permission to add courses is not necessary unless normally required
- September 18 Deadline to complete check-in without a $50 late registration fee - check-in must be completed by 11:59 p.m.
- September 23 Deadline for prospective fall term graduates in residence to elect or change to another major or minor
- September 23-29 Second week of schedule adjustment. All courses require Instructor permission to add
- September 24 Final day for delayed check-in (with $50 late fee). Any student not checked in by 4 p.m. this day, but still listed with the enrollment patter letter R (residence) for the fall term is liable for administrative withdrawal.
- September 26 Special Day of classes; courses meeting 10A period 10:00 to 11:50, 2A period 12:00 to 1:50 3A/3B periods 2:00 to 3:50
- September 28 Deadline to file completed transfer term applications for winter term 2016 and spring term 2016
- September 29 Final day for each undergraduate to establish official and final two-, three-, or four-course load. Any registered student not officially enrolled in at least two courses becomes liable for administrative withdrawal.
- September 30 Final day for electing use of the Non-Recording Option (NRO)
- October 10-11 Homecoming Weekend
- October 15 Enrollment Census
- October 20 Mid-term grade reports due for specified undergraduates
- October 22 Final day for students to change their enrollment pattern for winter term from an R (for Residence) without incurring a charge of one hundred dollars ($100) and to be eligible for on-time college housing assignment
- October 22 Winter term housing applications due
- October 22 Date for submission of degree applications by prospective fall term graduates
- October 23 Final day for dropping a fourth course without a grade notation of "W" (Acknowledgment of instructor required. If dropping a fourth course after this date, one of four eligibilities for a fourth course without extra tuition is exhausted by such action.)
- October 23 Course Timetable available for the winter term
- October 23 Interim housing applications due for the break between fall 2015 and winter 2016
- October 24 Special day of classes; courses meeting 9 period 8:45 to 9:50, 10 period, 10:00 to 11:05, 11 period, 11:15 to 12:20, 12 period, 12:30 to 1:35, 2 period, 1:45 to 2:50
- October 28-November 5 Winter term course election period
- November 3 Final day to withdraw from a course; any later request to withdraw from a course requires petition to a special committee. (One of four eligibilities for a fourth course without extra tuition is exhausted by such action after October 23.)
- November 5 Final day to alter grade limit filed under the Non-Recording Option (NRO)
- November 10 Last day in term for holding a major quiz or an hour examination
- November 13-17 Winter term course change period
- November 17 Fall term classes end; start of Pre-Examination Break
- November 18-19 Pre-Examination Break
- November 20 Final examinations begin
- November 21 Final examinations suspended
- November 24 Scheduled Final examinations end
- November 25 Final examination period ends
- December 7 Grades and medians available on the web
Click calendar to enlarge
The information contained herein is accurate as of the date of publication and the officers of the College know of no significant changes to be made in the near future. However, Dartmouth College reserves the right to make such changes as the Trustees, faculty, and officers consider appropriate and in the best interests of the Dartmouth community.