Office of the Registrar
Office of the Registrar
6014 McNutt Hall
Hanover, NH 03755-3541
Phone: (603) 646-2246
Fax: (603) 646-2247
Winter 2015 Term Calendar
To view a 2015 yearly calendar for reference purposes, see below or click here.
- January 4-7 Winter term on-line check-in. Wednesday, January 7 at 11:59 p.m. is the deadline to complete check-in without a $50 late registration fee.
- January 5 Winter term classes begin
- January 5-11 First week of schedule adjustment. Permission to add is not necessary unless normally required
- January 11 Deadline for winter term prospective graduates in residence to elect or change a major or minor
- January 12-18 Second week of schedule adjustment. All courses require Instructor permission in order to add courses
- January 13 Final day for delayed check-in (with $50 late fee). Any student not checked-in by the end of this day, but still listed with the enrollment pattern letter R (Residence) for the winter term is liable for administrative withdrawal
- January 19 Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Courses regularly held in the 8-, 9-, 10-, 11-, 12-, and 2-sequences moved to their x-periods. Courses held in the 3A-period moved to the 3B-period on Tuesday, January 20. Laboratory sections meet as scheduled (unless otherwise notified by the instructor)
- January 18 at 11:59 p.m. Final day for each undergraduate to establish official and final two-, three-, or four-course load. Any registered student not officially enrolled in at least two courses becomes liable for administrative withdrawal. If dropping a fourth course after this date, one of three eligibilities for a fourth course without extra tuition is exhausted by such action
- January 20 Final day for electing use of the Non-Recording Option (NRO)
- January 26 Enrollment Census
- February 5-8 Carnival holiday (Classes moved to x-periods)
- February 6 Course Timetable available for the spring term
- February 9 Mid-term grade reports due for specified undergraduates
- February 9 Final day for students to change their enrollment pattern for spring term from an R (for Residence) without incurring a charge of one hundred dollars ($100) and to be eligible for on-time college housing assignment
- February 10 Spring term housing applications due
- February 11-19 Spring term course election period
- February 13 Date for submission of degree applications by prospective winter and spring graduates
- February 13 Final day for dropping a fourth course without a grade notation of "W." (Acknowledgment of instructor required. One of three eligibilities for a fourth course without extra tuition is exhausted by such action after January 19 at 4:00 p.m.
- February 19 Final day of spring term course election period
- February 20 Interim housing applications due for the break between winter and spring 2015
- February 24 Final day to withdraw from a course; any later request to withdraw from a course requires petition to a special committee by 4:00 p.m.
- February 27 - March 10 Spring term course change period
- March 3 Final day to alter grade limit filed under the Non-Recording Option (NRO)
- March 3 Last day in term for holding a major quiz or an hour examination
- March 10 Winter term classes end at 5:20 p.m., start of Pre-Examination Break
- March 10 Final day, prior to the start of spring term classes, for making changes in spring term course elections
- March 11-12 Pre-Examination Break
- March 13 Final examinations begin
- March 16 Scheduled Final examinations end
- March 17 Final examination period ends
- March 27 Grades and medians available on the web
Click calendar to enlarge
The information contained herein is accurate as of the date of publication and the officers of the College know of no significant changes to be made in the near future. However, Dartmouth College reserves the right to make such changes as the Trustees, faculty, and officers consider appropriate and in the best interests of the Dartmouth community.