Last year we:
- Produced 13,819 official transcripts
- Built 2,106 courses
- Reviewed 1,183 petitions
- Produced 1,048 degree and enrollment verifications
- Graduated 1,093 students
- Supported 248 students on non-Dartmouth study away programs
- Supported 40 VA benefit recipients
Our office, August 2012:
Did you know?
- There have been 6 Dartmouth Registrars since WWII.
- Conant (administrator)
- R. Robinson (Math) until 1968;
- D. Bowen (Chemistry) until 1987
- T. Bickel (Math) until 1999
- P. Griffin (Administrator) until 2006
- M. Braz (Administrator) present
- Fall 1998 was the first term Banner was "really" used exclusively for Registrar purposes.
- The safe door in the Registrar’s Office entry was originally on a large walk-in fireproof vault in the former basement office in McNutt. It contained about 20 years’ worth of the permanent record cards of students in classes up to 1985 as well as other valuables needing secure storage such as transcript paper and signature sealers. Every morning one of the staff would unlock the vault to get ready for any transcripts that would need to be made that day for the classes involved.
- The longest time that a Registrar’s Office staff member has worked in the Registrar’s Office is 24 years.
- The National Organization for Registrars is called AACRAO, American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers. Several staff are very active in the organization.
People who work in the Registrar's Office are also: