What is the DND LDAP?:
The LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) is the back-end of the familiar Dartmouth Name Directory that is used by Blitzmail and other applications to help you find Dartmouth affiliated people.
How do I use it with Mozilla Mail?:
- Select 'Edit->Preferences' from the menu.
- Click on 'Mail and Newsgroups->Addressing;
- In the 'Address Autocompletion' region, select the 'Directory Server' checkbox.
- Click on 'Edit Directories'. A new window will open.
- Click on 'Add'. A new window will open.
- Name: DND
- Hostname: ldap.dartmouth.edu
- Base DN: dc=dartmouth,dc=edu
- Port number:389 (default)
- Bind DN: (leave blank)
- Click 'OK' until you get back the the preferences window. Make sure the DND directory is selected as your Directory Server
- Auto-completion should work on new emails.