The following is a list of the services available to faculty and staff from the lab support staff.
All requests for sevices should be directed to Jan Largent.
Lab section assignments. At the beginning of each term, the students in lab courses need to be assigned to lab sections.
These are done each term during the first week of class.
Student Mailbox Setup. The students in introductory lab courses require mailboxes for the return of homework, exams, lab reports, etc.
This is done on the Monday after the first week of classes. This delay in labeling allows the class rosters to settle down. The mailboxes are
located to the right of the front door to Wilder as you are looking out.
- Weekly lab equipment setup.
- Weekly lab briefings for the teaching assistents.
- Operation of a lab change system during the term.
- Ordering of equipment for the teaching labs.
- Lectures for the large introductory courses can be captured on video and posted to Canvas course sites.
- Setup and maintenance of a course website on Canvas.
- Setup and maintenance of special events websites.
- Setup and maintenance of research websites.
- Maintenance of Web Assign class rosters.
- Maintenance of Turning Point clicker system.
- Posting of clicker session data to Canvas.
- Computer setup and software installation for both Mac and Windows platforms.
- Conversion of files to pdf format.
- Conversion of hard copy documents to electronic documents.
- Scanning of documents.
- Software troubleshooting for both Mac and Windows platforms.
- Quarterly computer tuneup consisting of:
Cleaning of the physical components - keyboard, mouse, CPU, and monitor.
Cleaning the CD drive
Updating of standard Dartmouth software
Volume directory rebuild
Defragmenting hard drive