Daniel P. Stone Professor in Intellectual and Moral Philosophy
Ph.D., Indiana University, 1972
Office Hours: by appointment
Go to: Faculty member's Web site
- The Logic Book, 5th Edition (with Merrie Bergmann and Jack Nelson), New York: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company, 2009.
- Nanoethics: The Ethical and Social Implications of Nanotechnology (with Fritz Allhoff, Patrick Lin, and John Weckert), John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2007.
- The Turing Test: The Elusive Standard of Artificial Intelligence, Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2003.
- Cyberphilosophy: The Intersection of Philosophy and Computing, (with Terrell Ward Bynum) Oxford: Basil Blackwell Publishers, 2002.
- The Digital Phoenix: How Computers Are Changing Philosophy, Revised Edition,(with Terrell Ward Bynum), Oxford: Basil Blackwell Publishers, 2000.
- Logic and Language
- Intermediate Logic
- Philosophy and Computers
- Philosophy of Mind
- Philosophy of Science
- PHIL 50.9 (FSP) Special Topics: Free Will and Responsibility
- Non-teaching Resident Term
- PHIL 6 (9s) Logic and Language
- PHIL 26 (10) Philosophy and Computers (Identical to COGSCI 26)