The Molecular Pathology and Microscopy Arm :
1. Provide Histology Services
2. Provide Molecular Profiling services to characterize cancer cells
The Statistics Arm :
1. Facilitate Data sharing between projects
2. Provides statistical design and analysis to the projects
The statistics portion of the core maintains secure databases, and in collaboration with the program website, shares them directly with pertinent investigators. Finally, the statistics arm offers the services of an on site statistician to advise and inform projects in the program at every stage, including experimental design, data collection, and interpretation of results.
The Program as a whole, through pre-clinical and clinical studies, will develop novel treatment options for pancreatic and skin cancers. Core B will benefit the public health in two ways
1. It will provide the basis for PDT treatment indications
2. It will identify relevant biomarkers provide diagnostic and prognostic information that will inform optimized molecular based combination therapy strategies.
3. Provide quantification of biomarkers for translational research
In Addition, this arm will identify and characterize novel cancer biomarkers for diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment monitoring purposes.
Core Directior: Zhiming Mai, Ph. D.
Core Co-Director: Bryan Spring, Ph.D.