Yield: about 4 dozen.
Great tea cookies, or make some browned butter icing and spread it between two cookies for a sandwich cookie.
|1 cup (2 sticks)||butter, softened|
|1½ c||powdered sugar|
|2||eggs (for extra crispiness, omit one or both yolks)|
|1 tsp.||vanilla extract|
|2½ c||all-purpose flour|
|½ tsp||baking powder|
|½ tsp||baking soda|
- Cream butter and confectioner's sugar. Beat in eggs & vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Gradually add it to the creamed mixture with mixer running on low.
- Roll into desired size balls, then roll in granulated sugar. (Using a small scoop, I get nice 2-3" cookies.)
- Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.