Skip to main content
Home >  Who We Serve

Current International Employees, Scholars, and Faculty at Dartmouth College

Our website contains a wealth of information regarding your immigration status in the U.S., and the ways in which the Office of Visa & Immigration Services can assist you during your time at Dartmouth College.

Please click on any of the links at the side of the page for more detailed information on other topics, or click on the following links for more information on our immigration services and benefits for current international employees and visitors.

Employees or Visitors who hold a J-1 Scholar Visa or Status

Immigration Status Information for J-1 Exchange Visitors

Travel and Re-entry for J-1 Exchange Visitors

J-1 Visa Application Procedures

Information for Accompanying Spouses and Families

If you are subject to the two-year home-residency requirement (Regulation 212(e)), and wish information on applying for a waiver

Employees or Visitors who hold an H-1B Temporary Worker Visa or Status

Immigration Status, Visa Application, and Travel Information for H-1B Temporary Workers

Employees or Visitors who hold a TN Employment Status (Canadian and Mexican citizens only)

Information for Accompanying Spouses and Families


Dartmouth College, and in some cases, the U.S. government, requires all international employees or visitors to check-in with the immigration office at the school or institution serving as their visa sponsor.

After entering the U.S. to start your academic program as an international employee or visitor at Dartmouth College, you must contact the Office of Visa & Immigration Services (OVIS) to schedule your **in-person** check-in session.

For more information on the required Immigration Check-in process, please contact OVIS at

Information on the Town of Hanover, NH, and the surrounding areas:

Last Updated: 1/3/18