Skip to main content

Travel Letter Request

Due to heavy workload, the Office of Visa and Immigration Services is no longer able to provide travel letters to verify immigration status on a routine basis. These letters are not required by U.S. regulations, as your immigration status is verifiable through your documents which, aside from a valid passport, I-94 card (if you entered the U.S. by land) or passport Admission stamp (if you entered the U.S. by air or sea), may include an I-20 form for F-1 students, a DS-2019 form for J-1 exchange visitors, or I-797 H-1B approval notice for H temporary workers. If you believe you may have particular security risks while traveling, and might need such a letter, please contact your International Advisor.

WARNING: Current security clearance checks by the U.S. State Department can delay the visa application process for a month or more. If you are traveling outside the U.S., and need a new visa to re-enter, please note that possible lengthy delays may occur.

For more information about these procedures please read the webpage on travel procedures for your visa status type.

Last Updated: 5/2/13